Rules for Sled Construction
Cost for participation is $10 per participant, not per sled.
1. Only regular cardboard, duct tape and paint, markers & crayons can be used in construction of the cardboard sleds.
2. Sleds cannot be wrapped in plastic or shrink wrapped.
3. No wood, glue, industrial adhesives, staples, rope or wire will be permitted on a sled.
4. Keep design family friendly. No profanity allowed!
1. Participants are strongly encouraged to wear helmets. Bike helmets are OK. Costumes are welcomed! We also highly encourage boots, hats, snow pants, and gloves.
2. Push starts only. No running starts.
3. Maximum of 3 participants per sled.
4. All sleds, parts, and participants must cross the finish line.
1. 3 - 7 years old
2. 8-11 years old
3. 12-18 years old
Teams will compete in the age bracket of the oldest team member.
1. Two or more sleds race in each heat. The winner of each heat goes back to the starting line for elimination heats after all sleds in the category have run their first heat. We will not have timed heats.
2. The judging for Best Sled Design will occur before the first race.
3. Awards will be given to the champion and runner-up for each category and will be presented at the conclusion of all races.
First time building a sled? Need fresh ideas? Check out these websites!
Cardboard Sled Design Ideas